Sometimes, finding something to do over the fall season that does not involve bars or drinking alcohol can be difficult. Clean, sober fun is all around you, you just have to know where to look. Instead of sitting around and drinking after your long journey to recovery at a sober living home for women in Boca Raton, enjoy your fall holidays with the following activities.
- Not sure what to do instead of drinking? Go for a walk or a run.
- Go on nature hikes.
- Establish a consistent workout regimen.
- Become certified in a new skill, like teaching yoga.
- Start writing. Take a creative writing class. Write a book.
- Clean out your house and all those rooms you’ve let pile up with junk.
- Starting taking photographs.
- Go mini golfing, or take golf lessons.
- Take dance lessons, by yourself or with friends.
- Go to a concert.
- Check out local museums.
- Go to the library and read. You will never run out of books to catch up on.
- Garden, do some landscaping, make your front yard more inviting.
- Go to the beach or to the lakeshore.
- If you want to know what to do instead of drinking on a cold night, have a bon fire with friends.
- Go bowling with friends from your sober living home in Boca Raton.
- Go on a bike ride.
- Learn how to fish.
- Go camping with family and friends.
- Teach yourself a new language.
- Learn how to play an instrument.
- Volunteer at a local animal shelter.
- Volunteer to help the elderly.
- Play games with your kids or younger family members.
- Start painting on your own, or attend a group painting class with some friends.
- Learn to cook.
- Go shopping and treat yourself.
If you ever feel bored or feel like the holidays are going to make you relapse, consult with the counselors at your sober living home for women in Boca Raton. They will be able to help you find outlets to channel your feelings positively; helping you find new hobbies and things to do that you will love.
If you or a loved one are in need of a sober living home for women, contact Awakenings for Women today.