Considering Florida’s prime location for international traffic on the water, it is no wonder that it is one of the main gateways for drugs to illegally enter the country. While a lot of the illegal substances get dispersed throughout the country, some of them do end up staying in Florida. For this reason, Florida sober living homes are some of the best in the country due to the high demand for their services.
In fact, five people in Florida die daily as a result of prescription drug overdose. The country is most certainly suffering a drug crisis, with Florida feeling the effects throughout the state. Some Florida drug abuse statistics include:
– MDMA, otherwise known as Ecstasy, is the most available drug in Florida.
– In 2007, 81,197 dosage units of MDMA were seized by the DEA.
– Florida has the third oldest drug court program in the country which started in the early 1990s.
– This past year, there were 155,246 drug arrests in Florida.
– 7,068.5 kilograms of marijuana were seized by federal agents in 2007.
– Methamphetamine can be found in all 67 counties in Florida.
– Almost 45% of all drug cases in Florida drug court involve powdered cocaine.
– In 2007, the DEA seized 5,660.4 kilograms of cocaine in Florida.
– Between 2005 and 2006, 1.2 million Floridians reported using an illicit drug.
– Five people in Florida die daily as a direct result of prescription drug overdose.
– In 2006, 96 deaths were heroin related.
Because of the staggering numbers of drug abuse statistics in Florida that echo the overall trend of the rest of the country, the halfway houses in South Florida are more than equipped to handle the onslaught of people coming for help. At Awakenings for Women in Boca Raton, we have been providing sober living for women struggling with addiction for over 12 years.
Everything you need is already located at our Boca Raton sober living home, with everything you need within walking distance. In total, there is are 14 buildings, medically trained staff, counselors, therapists, programs, conventions, and even sober fellowship. Not only is Awakenings for Women an extremely affordable option for those who need help, but we also accept most insurance needed for your stay and treatment.
At Awakenings, all of our living quarters are gender specific, ensuring that each client is as comfortable as possible throughout their recovery process. Once you have completed your stay at our Florida sober living home, we offer a custom, long-term aftercare program. That way, you can rest assured knowing that you will continue to have help along the way.
If you or a loved one are in need of a quality Florida sober living home, then call Awakenings for Women in Boca Raton today.